Thermostat and controller constantly clicking...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! This is my first post on this great site, thank you to all the contributors!

I recently had to disconnect the power to my Ideal Classic boiler, acl Drayton room thermostat, and acl Lifestyle LP241 controller. I have reconnected the power but now, when the thermostat is turned on, it clicks constantly, the red lights on the controller do not light up until the central heating is selected to come on on the controller. The clicking is also constant on the controller until the central heating is selected. Once the central heating is selected it fires up for a couple of minutes then it shuts off and the constant thermostat and controller clicking returns. During the short time the boiler is firing the pump is not working. The clicking can be turned off by turning the room thermostat down but the hot water still does not come on.

Does anybody have any suggestions about how I might get back to normal operations? Any thoughts will be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance :D

Sponsored Links
I think you'd better call someone in who's competent with wiring of heating systems ;). It may just be a bad connection, but if you're not up to it, don't go in there.

I wasn't going to try tackling it myself as I'd very probably make things worse. The electrician has been informed and is coming to help, I just thought someone might know an easy (ish) solution that I could try in the meantime. Thanks Chris :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back