Drayton Digistat 1 resets itself to 20 degrees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought I'd put this down in case others have the same issue.

Drayton Digistat 1 resets itself to 20 degrees after battery change.

The battery warning light flashes, you check the battery contacts have a good contact (ie bending them back and scratching the surface). You put new batteries in, but the LCD display after a few seconds dims, and then the unit resets itself to 20 degrees.
You also turn off the boiler unit connected to the Digistat 1 unit, and check the 3 contacts on the wall unit are contacting the faceplates prongs.
You also check the relay is closing when you set the temp to send a signal.
Many attempts lead to frustration and disappointment.
You phone Drayton Technical, and are told to try yet another set of batteries - and are advised that many batteries you buy from cheaper sources (ie supermarkets own brand) are not always man enough for the job. So you fit say a Duracell set, but you still get the same problem, dimming LCD display and then resetting to 20 degrees. I think Drayton are confused.
I have found removing the batteries and waiting for a minute or two - rather than immediately inserting replacements solves this issue, simples. Then insert your new batteries and then set the temperature. This discharge must allow the unit to reset somehow.
Drayton Technical also went on to advise i buy another newer unit, and that electronic components can fail ... umm really ?

http://www.imagesetting.com/

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back