Drayton Digistat 4 replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of replacing my old digi stat 4 with a more modern (possibly with Alexa controls) thermostat, as I live in rented accommodation I can't do any wiring so just replacing my stat will have to do.
Behind my current stat I only have two wires going to the pins on the backplate one red wire going to number 1 pin and a black wire going to number 3 pin.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Usually when there are only two wires present, it means that the existing thermostat is battery operated and there is no 230V supply. In which case, the easiest way would be to replace the Digistat with a battery operated smart thermostat that only requires 2 wires such as Nest-e, or a Tado wired thermostat.

I assume that there is also a timeswitch / programmer somewhere, if so smart thermostats have both time and temperature control, so the existing timeswitch should be set to be permanently 'on' allowing the smart stat to take full control.

EDIT.
I'm not familiar with a Digistat 4, but there should be some wiring information on it somewhere. Post back a photo of it if you need any further assistance.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back