Drayton Digistat problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating boiler is controlled by a Drayton Digistat system comprising an SCR receiver and a Digistat RF3 programmable thermostat. These are approx five years old. About a year ago the system went on the blink. The SCR unit failed to respond to a call for heat and did not open the motorised valve ( which I think is a Honeywell v4073). I had to clip the valve open manually to gt the heating to run. After several days the system seemed to right itself and it has now run without a problem for nearly 12 months. For the last two nights however, it has failed in the same way ( funnily enough at about the same time of day). I have replaced the batteries in the RF3 and run the SCR through learning mode. It now seems to be okay. However, this has dented my confidence in the system (I have a disabled wife and she needs to keep warm at this time of the year.) I understand that the Digistat system can be unreliable-according to reviews I have read. I am proposing to replace with a Danfoss TP 5000si plus RX1 roomstat. Is this a straight swap over job? The only wiring will be at the back of the receiver and I believe I can manage this if not too complicated. Any advice gratefully accepted, particularly opinions on the relative reliability of the existing and proposed system.

Sponsored Links
Should be simple.

The old 1 goes to 2 in the Danfoss.

The old 3 goes to 3 in the Danfoss.

I would buy the Honeywell CM927 or the DT92e, I like the later.

Old 1 to A

Old 3 to B.

L&N is the same in all cases.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back