Drayton Digistat RF Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I need to replace a 3 wire room stat with the above but am having no joy.
Due to the construction/layout of the house I have to site the base unit where the stat was.
I’ve wired as per the diagram (I think) All appears to be working/paired but although it shows that it is calling for heat the switch live terminal is not getting any voltage.
Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
you need to ensure both the L terminal and 1 terminal have a live feed.
Therefore add a wire link between these

Then output wire on 3

This is of course assuming you had an old/basic 3 wire stat before

Andy: Thank you, I’ll try that tomorrow. I’m home now - it’s a “love job” for elderly relatives!

EFL: I can’t get a radio signal from downstairs boiler cupboard to upstairs living room, probably due to a combination of distance, steel framing & foil backed plasterboard ceilings.

Sponsored Links
Ok.

In that case, you don't really need an RF system.

Wouldn't a programmable thermostat suffice?

Nothing wrong with fitting it there.
You can then plug and play a T stat if required.

Op has the parts. Just need to connect up

Nothing wrong - just pointless.

Like removing the IR sensor from the telly and wiring it on the wall behind the couch.

EFL: There is a very good reason for doing this - not being able to understand how to wire a thermostat doesn’t mean I’m an idiot. If you read my earlier reply you may be able work out, in a general sort of way, what that reason might be...

Andy: Thanks again for being helpful.

It's your house and of course you can do whatever you want.

The reason for RF thermostats is so that you don't need to have a cable from the boiler/wiring centre to the thermostat position.
You already have such a cable so you don't need RF; further emphasised by the fact that it doesn't work when installed as intended.

All done. That worked, thanks. My disabled aunt & uncle asked me to pass on their thanks too.(y) They now have a much more easily accessible stat which will also control the temperature in their main living area far better than the original, which was on the virtually unheated landing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back