Installing a Drayton Digistat +3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm new to this site and am in need of some of your expert assistance.

I am wanting to replace my old thermostat which is a Sunvic TLX 2259 with a Drayton Digistat +3 as it has given up the ghost. Controlling the heating at the moment is a Drayton Tempus 1 which is connected to the thermostat with ( Brown, Blue & Green & Yellow wires) The boiler is a Ferroli SIGMA 40-60.

I have the instructions for the Tempus 1 and it states as an Important Notice " If you are replacing an old style Tempus, move the wire connected to terminal 2 on the wall plate to terminal 3 (ON). Would this apply in my case ?

If images are needed of the setup to make things easier to understand as i'm starting to wonder if what i am saying is making sense... Just say the word.

Many thanks in advance

Ian

Sponsored Links
Sunvic:
1 = Switched live / load
3 = Permanent live
4 = Neutral

The new Drayton one has L&N for the supply, and a separate 2 way switch with C, Off and On terminals.

Therefore:
Sunvic 1 = Drayton On
Sunvic 3 = Drayton L
Sunvic 4 = Drayton N
You will also need to install a wire between the L and C terminals.
Nothing connects to the Off terminal.

Ignore the Tempus instructions - you don't need to change anything in the programmer or anywhere else.

Sponsored Links
A big THANKS to you all for replying to my dilemma,

Flameport, your explanation made perfect sense, and I will put those instructions into practise tomorrow when theres a bit more light to play with.....lol

TaylorTwoCities, many thanks for posting that link to the other thread that will come in mighty useful too.

Take care all

Thanks again

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back