Drayton Digistat RF2 Wireless System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I knocked my thermostat off the table today and later noticed nothing on the screen so opened up and twiddled the batteries and it all came back on again. But did phone Drayton as the red light "receive alarm" was lit up by the boiler. The technical help said I could switch the boiler on by pressing the button entitled "2" which I have done tonight and the green light came on. The boiler is on and heating and the red light is still lit. He said to press the button "2" again to switch the boiler off.

Am I right in thinking also that the thermostat will not be being taken notice of by the boiler with the red light on. Also my radiators feel much more hotter than usual so I am a bit worried by this and hope someone can reassure me. Because I have switched the boiler on by pressing "2", will the boiler be hotting the water up and it is just getting hotter and hotter? I feel a bit worried about it. Thanks in advance for any help. (I have just felt the radiator in the living room and it is very very hot - much hotter than if I am controlling things with the Digistat).

Sponsored Links
Do a google for the instructions...it sounds like communication has been lost and you need to recommissioning the thermostat.
It possible that when previously under control of the thermostat the stat turned off the boiler before the radiators had a chance to fully heat up.

Thank you very much for your reply. I usually have my heating on for just one hour at night. I do this by using the manual setting on my thermostat and press the plus button to raise the temperature until the flame symbol appears. I put the manual setting to maybe 18 degrees from 5 and the boiler fires up and the heating comes on. After the hour I press the minus button to lower the setting back to 5 degrees and the boiler switches off. I suspect that in 1 hour, the radiators get hot, they certainly feel hot but felt so much hotter tonight and I was worried that they would get so hot that damage could be done or something might go wrong.

I agree that the communication has got lost between my thermostat and the control at the side of the boiler but I dont know hot to recommission the thermostat. Would you be able to tell me how to do that please?

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
I have found good instructions for commissioning the Drayton Digistat RF Wireless System but I am not sure what and where the SCR unit is. It says "turn off power supply to the SCR receiver unit and leave for 5 seconds". Just been up and had a look and the square box at the side of the boiler is the SCR unit. I have an electric switch inside my airing cupboards, looks like a light switch, will that be the switch to turn off the power supply? Also on the instructions it says to close the drawers on the thermostat in a special order, closing the right hand drawer first and the left afterwards. Earlier in the day I just closed the drawers willy nilly, so dont know in what order I closed them so that may not have helped. Shall I have a go tomorrow myself, following the instructions but I dont want to go wrong so that later I cant get my heating on either with the thermostat or by pressing "2". Thanks again for any help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back