Drayton LP112 Timer - Stat not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice appreciated on a problem with the central heating in my fathers new flat:-
It has a Lifestyle LP112 (old rectangular type) which for one thing, i can't figure how to get off the wall to check wiring!! The problem is the heating, when on, is not being controlled by the stat. If I diconnect the switched live (yellow) wire on the stat, it is live continually so I assume a wiring error or timer fault. The flat is around five years old but was rented so I'm not discounting a wiring fault.

Any advice on how to remove the timer or wht the fault might be is really appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Andy

Sponsored Links
undo the two screws underneath the clock and it hinges upwards from the bottom.

Thanks - I did look for that as it's what I'd expect but didn't see any obvious screws - will check again when I go around this weekend.

Any advice on what might be causing the switched live at the stat to stay permanently live? Likely to be the timer defective or wiring??

Thanks,
Andy

Sponsored Links
difficult to say without testing it but these clocks do sometimes stick on demand even if the light shows its off.

you really need to trace it through from the start to be sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back