Drayton Motorised Valve - See Pictures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The actuator on my old ACL Drayton Lifestyle 28mm motorised valve 779H335-30L10 has finally failed.

This valve is now obsolete, so I'm looking to buy a complete replacement.

After doing a bit of research, the direct replacement is a ZA6/779-2 - also 28mm.

I've also found a ZA5/679-2 - 22mm.

After looking at the fitting of the existing valve, I noted the following...

- The 22mm pipework in the airing cupboard has been adjusted to fit the 28mm motorised valve

DSC_1398.JPG DSC_1399.JPG

- There is a spare white wire that is not connected to anything!

DSC_1400.JPG

It appears that the ZA5 has 5 wires, while the ZA6 has 6 wires. Would I be able to replace the existing valve with a ZA5?

The ZA5 is approximately half the cost of the ZA6 - hence the question!

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Someone has probably fitted the 28mm valve to get a better flow, as the water passage on a 22mm valve are a good deal narrower.
If you're going to be fitting a completely new valve, you might like to consider using a Honeywell, but you'll need to remove the olives and old nuts from the pipes and use the Honeywell ones. The Drayton ZA6 is a straight swap and you could use the old nuts, although changing the olives anyway would be sensible.

Thanks, I think that makes the decision then, I'll stick with a 28mm valve.

Can you point me in the right direction for a direct replacement Honeywell valve?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
yes but as already advised you will have to cut off the olives and swap the nuts to swap them

You say failed , in what way has it failed

The edge of the black plastic actuator that triggers the microswitch within the main actuator (hope that makes sense!) actually off broke years ago and I fixed it by drilling and glueing in some cut off panel pins to create a new edge.

This repair is still good, but another piece of plastic holding the actuator in place has now broken and it's now slightly wobbly. I don't believe it's worth repairing again as it is 19 years old and the plastic is degrading badly due to the heat in the airing cupboard, especially as the valve is now obsolete anyway.

in what way pin 5 ? this valve is 20 year old so in what way does your statement justify this over a honeywell of same age ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back