Boiler cycles although switched off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester boiler continues to cycle even after the system has switched off at night. Thinking that the switch on the CH Drayton Actuator ZA5 was faulty I replaced the actuator but that didn't work. The boiler must be getting a call to switch on from somewhere and I wonder if the ZA6 actuator on the HW might be faulty. Is this a possibility? My research has shown that the microswitches on these actuators are guilty of malfunction, which is why I replaced the ZA5 in the first place. The only way I can get the boiler to stop cycling is to turn the room stat away down. Or could the Drayton LP722 controller be faulty? Otherwise the system works well and is serviced annually.

I should say this was wrongly posted on the Information Page earlier and I apologize for that.

Great Site by the way.

Moggie534

Sponsored Links
Microswitches are not guilty.

But like all hardware they can sometimes fail.

There are also boiler functions like frost protection which can also fail to work correctly.

Tony

I just wondered if the HW actuator did not switch off properly it might be sending a voltage to the boiler which would then fire up somehow. I don't have frost protection as the boiler is in the kitchen and well protected. I'm afraid it is beyond me now so it's a question of calling in the experts which annoys me somewhat as I can usually manage to cope with most things that happen around the house. Anyway thanks for your interest.

Moggie534

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back