Drayton 2 Port Valves - switch driving me nuts

"Why was it not wired to open the zone valve?" I don't know. It's all guesswork really until I take the panel off and check the actual connections both within the boiler and between boiler and house.

Sponsored Links
So I am now officially unhappy with our installer. I had a chat with their heating manager who stated that it should only run for a few minutes until the FP pipe stat cuts out. I restated that it actually runs for an hour plus and we discussed a few things I could check out.

However when I checked and reported that there was no pipe stat connected he immediately went on the defensive, contradicting his previous position and forcefully claiming there was no requirement for a stat. He even said he'd spoken to Grant and they agreed with him. I was fuming. I called Grant myself and they confirmed a pipe stat was best practice.

There are some other changes that I want to make to the system some time after winter. Given all this I'm going to get a different outfit to quote, and while I'm at it I'll get them to review the boiler plumbing, bypass, pump etc, and see what they say. I can install the thermostat myself and hopefully will do so this weekend.

Very disappointing as I thought these guys were OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back