Drayton Simp-l-fit control pack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got any experience of the Drayton Simp-l-fit control pack?
My heating system is about 15 years old, Glowworm spacesaver II boiler, never given any problems, but recently refused to fire, none of the switch settings on the honeywell controller made any difference (honeywell thermostats and valve system).
I purchased a Drayton pack as above and fitted it, 4 wire connection to the programmer.
When plugged in the boiler fired immediately, and I now have heating and hot water.
However, if I switch on heating only nothing happens. Switch on hot water and I have HW and heat.
The thermostats don't seem to work, as the hot water gets very hot, and lowering the room thermostat has no effect.
I followed the instructions for fitting the valve, ie move manual lever to lock in mid position. However I notice that when I switch on heating only the the indicator does not move to H, and when switching on HW the indicator does not seem to move to HW. The indicator remains in the mid position. I took off the actuator cover to have a look but did not see anything obvious. Taking the actuator off the pipe, loosening the manual lever, and turning on HW and the indicator moves to HW, turning on H and it moves to mid point.
Have I missed something here? Any suggestions?
Incidentially I tried the Drayton site and clicked support, but this results in an error message, so no luck there.

Sponsored Links
not familar with these but.
have you set switch in wiring center to bi-flow position?.
usually the programmer needs 5 wires.to provide a hot water off supply.
number 1 in programmer is hot water off and is usually wired into the wiring center.but as the wiring center has a pcb built into it,it may work different than the traditional wiring set up.
you can phone drayton technical tomorrow.
let us know how you get on as you have done all the hard work,you are very nearly there.
personally i just wire these into a terminal strip,
good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back