Drayton spring return 2 way valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Drayton LP112 timer on an Oil fired, open system.
I have two spring return 2-way Drayton valves, one for HW and one for CH. .
The hot water is working fine but the CH is not clicking on, however if I push the black plastic override lever on the valve, the boiler fires but will click off and return to closed when I let go.
Is this an electrical signal problem or something else, any advice is appreciated, I'm running out of ideas.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have a Drayton LP112 timer on an Oil fired, open system.
I have two spring return 2-way Drayton valves, one for HW and one for CH. .
The hot water is working fine but the CH is not clicking on, however if I push the black plastic override lever on the valve, the boiler fires but will click off and return to closed when I let go.
Is this an electrical signal problem or something else, any advice is appreciated, I'm running out of ideas.

thanks
The motor in the two way CH valve needs replacing, incidently, if you push the lever over and then lift it it shoul lock itself open.

Is this an electrical signal problem or something else, any advice is appreciated.
Probably electrical fault.

Do you have a multi-meter?

If so take the lid of the junction box all the valves etc connect to and find the terminals the faulty valve connects to.

Set meter to AC Volts
Turn heating ON and set room stat to minimum
Measure between blue and brown. It should be 0V
Turn room stat to max; you should hear the valve motor work.

If you don't hear the motor, measure voltage between brown and blue; it should be 240V.
If it is 240V, the valve motor is faulty; you can buy a replacement.
If it is 0V, either the room stat is faulty or there is a break in the lead form stat to the terminal.

If you hear the motor work, check voltage between blue and orange and between blue and grey. They should both be 240V.

If one is 240V and the other 0V, the microswitch in the valve is faulty; you need a new actuator (the box part of the valve).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back