A question about valves

Here is a photo of the side of the valve

It says "Valve used for hot water only" - maybe I'm dumb but this doesn't sound like a 3-way valve to me.

Sponsored Links
Maybe I'm missing something here but I've just looked up the data for the RWB9 programmer and pin 1 is No-HW. Pin 3 is the HW demand output - so why isn't it wired up to anything? :?: :?: :?:

Hi Space Cat,

It is the terminal labelled "2" that is not wired up which is "CH OFF".

It says "Valve used for hot water only" - maybe I'm dumb but this doesn't sound like a 3-way valve to me.
I can't read all of the number at the top. Is it 40003916-003? If so that is a V4073 mid-position valve. (The number is the part no of the actuator - that's the box bit).

"Hot water" does not refer to domestic hot water but to the type of fluid which the pump can be used for, i.e don't use it for pumping oil or chemicals etc.

If there is a small bump about 5mm across on the top of the actuator, you can replace it without draining down.

Sponsored Links
I can't read all of the number at the top. Is it 40003916-003? If so that is a V4073 mid-position valve. (The number is the part no of the actuator - that's the box bit).

"Hot water" does not refer to domestic hot water but to the type of fluid which the pump can be used for, i.e don't use it for pumping oil or chemicals etc.

If there is a small bump about 5mm across on the top of the actuator, you can replace it without draining down.

Yes thats the right number and it does have that bump. I've ordered a new head which should be here sometime next week.

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back