Drayton thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought replacement Drayton RTS1 and discovered to my surprise that the original was RTS4??? These are for COMBI boilers aren't they?
My boiler is Baxi Solo3.
Could it be that the RTS4 was wired to act as RTS1 because it looks as if an extra wire loop has been inserted.
Daren't plug new thermostat body on till I'm sure it wont damage anything ... or ... should I replace with RTS4 and accept wiring configuration?
Thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
giblet ....(thanks for reply). I replaced motorised valve and set it for refilling.
When the valve is powered it is supposed to click into normal operation automatically ... it didn't ... I then noticed the thermostat did not make faint click when temperature knob was turned to both extremes and assumed a fault. I have been informed that the thermostat is part of energising the motorised valve to work correctly.
Must add ... I'm fairly sure the m/v is wired ok because I removed and replaced wires one at a time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back