Drayton Thermostatic Radiator Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Drayton Thermostatic Radiator Valve. I am unable to move the head from 0 to any other position. I have removed it from the radiator but still no Joy.. do I need to get a new head for it ??????

Sponsored Links
I have a Drayton Thermostatic Radiator Valve. I am unable to move the head from 0 to any other position. I have removed it from the radiator but still no Joy.. do I need to get a new head for it ??????
Was the TRV working OK previously and this problem has suddenly arisen, or has it always been like this?
Some Drayton TRVs have range limiters, so you can't set them above, or below, a certain temperature. There are two hollow pins inside the head. One can be moved to the appropriate hole to adjust the setting; removing the other dismantles the head.

Was the TRV working OK previously and this problem has suddenly arisen, or has it always been like this?
Some Drayton TRVs have range limiters, so you can't set them above, or below, a certain temperature. There are two hollow pins inside the head. One can be moved to the appropriate hole to adjust the setting; removing the other dismantles the head.

Head was working up to this. Turned head to 0 then removed from valve, since then cannot get it to move from 0...

Sponsored Links
Hey, just found this thread. I have the exact same problem, head stuck on '0' and can't be moved despite copious amounts of WD40.

Did you find a solution?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back