Drayton TRV 4 is broken AGAIN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've replaced a new Drayton trv 4 myself on the first week of November with the same issue. Now it's broken AGAIN! I've attached the image here of the broken valve. Can anyone determine what's the cause of this broken valve? Is it the quality or what are the causes??

Attachments

• 16697707203105197596931007149492.jpg
    16697707203105197596931007149492.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 194
Sponsored Links
I found eQ-3 electronic at £15 each in 2019 may be more expensive now, these exercise the valve mid day every Saturday to stop them sticking, and come up with a fault report if over or under travel, so you know if pin has stuck. And of course programmable and actually work in degrees C no silly *123456 so would not fit mechanical heads any more.

Sponsored Links
^ Yes.

Replacing head onto an actuator pin that is jammed open will do nothing but stress the new head.

Do I have to replace the valve body as well? I'm new to this. The pin is jammed at that position
You can try freeing the pin off- have a search in this forum, it's not a rare problem. WD40 and a spoon are popular. And yes that'll be why your new head has failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back