Drayton TRV vs Homebase TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just went to Homebase to buy some replacement radiators, whilst doing so I thought I'd pick up some new TRV's to replace the existing standard valves. The Drayton TRV's were £44 each however the Homebase own brand were just £8.50. Now I usually believe in buying recognised brands however on 8 rads the difference is a staggering £270.00. Can the extra cost really be justified and what problems if any am I likely to encounter if I buy the own brand ones?

Edited to say that I can source the Drayton ones online at around £30 each, cheaper but still significantly more than the Homebase ones

Sponsored Links
Go to a plumbers merchant and you will get more choice and a much better price (danfoss approx £11 are my choice but others will differ)

Danfoss is a very good brand, and their TRV is less expensive than the Drayton.

have a look in most public buildings,danfoss is the valve used in most ;)

Sponsored Links
Drayton TRV 4s are about £18 inc vat or even less!

Go to a non trade supplier and then you can pay a lot more. Homebase is hardly a plumbers supplier!

I will sell them to you for £17 each if you collect them!

Tony

I bought Hattersly TRV's. Good quality and the heads on the TRV and covers on the locksheids are small and attractive. :eek: . Got mine from BSS. Can't remember the price.

Drayton are the dogs, Homebase own brand are what come out of dogs and if you can't be bothered to leave your house screwfix do them at a reasonable price.

Drayton are the dogs, Homebase own brand are what come out of dogs and if you can't be bothered to leave your house screwfix do them at a reasonable price.

Screwfix do alot of Terrier TRV i see, i've replaced a few with Drayton, seen loads on new build now though, are they any good?

Not a fan of Terrier, they feel cheap, not as solid as Drayton, which is strange as at one time Pegler were regarded as the best radiator valves you could get, but then again it is their entry level TRV. I am biassed mind, BG only use Drayton controls, but then again there is a reason for that - good value and reliable.

Ha ha.

Their wireless stuff is total pants. Their Eberle sourced 'combi stat' is laughable, doesn't even fit on the Drayton backplate.

The TRVs are good, but generally Honeywell are better designed and easier to use.

Don't know what that "Eberle" thing is your talkin about, but agree Honeywell controls are excellent also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back