Drayton TRV4 puzzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve recently removed a radiator and replaced it with a new one. To remove the old one I removed the TRV4 head and replaced it with a blue plastic screw-on cap to fully close the valve. Having just installed the new radiator I came to refit the TRV4 head and found the mating screw thread the wrong size. What? How could that be? So I removed the TRV4 head from another radiator and observed that the two valves look different, though they both had TRV4 heads. The first image is the one with the new radiator. The TRV4 head thread is bigger than that of the valve - what am I missing?
IMG_1800.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg

Sponsored Links
Update: the upper valve fits TRV3 head (of which I have several, not in use). My system has a mix of TRV3 and 4 valves - must have forgotten this one was a 3 and not a 4 (I blame my age).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back