Drayton Wiser Installation - How to Bypass Wireless Thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to seek some advice please as to how to best bypass an existing Drayton wireless thermostat/receiver - so as it does not conflict with a new (2 channel hot water and central heating) Drayton Wiser control system?
C1185526-ED0B-4BF7-93D8-E5788FC5298A.jpeg
A2A80E1D-C758-4B8C-A91F-4766E133DD59.jpeg
67727E8C-F7CB-4256-994C-C0AAA60E60DC.jpeg
C36EE3DC-DC50-4E7A-80C4-ADF93D1FF62C.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Ideally, the best way is to trace the wires back from the Drayton thermostat receiver to their origin. When you find their origin, note where the red and black wires from terminals 1 & 3 and with brown sleeves on are connected; then disconnect all of the wires going to the thermostat receiver and remove them. Then a wire link should be inserted to join together the terminals that the red and black wires with brown sleeves on have just been removed from.

If that's too difficult; you can put the wires at the thermostat as shown in your photograph into a junction box. The two wires in N and L should be isolated individually and on their own. Then put the red and black wires with brown sleeves on into a terminal together so that they are electrically connected.

Last edited:
Excellent thank you - I am expecting the Black and Red wires are likely to both be connected thru into the (adjacent) LP522 control box - and if so, can be easily disconnected the wires removed and the wire link connection (as per your instructions) inserted on the LP522 back plate...
I suspect the Live and Neutral feeds may well run back to the below fused spur?
I will however also seek to trace both of these wires too (as you recommend) with a view to disconnecting and removing both.
Many thanks again for your kind assistance.
63E78844-FBF6-4422-9E42-4BFA0BEBD785.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back