Issue with installing Drayton Wiser smart thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking for some help please. Just purchased a Drayton Wiser smart thermostat and some smart TRVs because they said easy to install - that was my first mistake.

Unfortunately, its proving not to be, mainly because of my current setup. I have a Worcester CD30 classic regular boiler with a Honeywell HC60NG wireless relay and HCW80 thermostat. I also have a Randall Drayton KS715 programmable timer.

My understanding is that if I didn't have the HC60NG in the setup I could simply remove the programmable timer and install the Wiser on the same universal back plate in place of the programmable timer ( after checking the wiring first on the back plate)

My issue is. I need to remove the HC60NG from the system. How do I do that please? Do I need to get wiring that was plugged into the HC60NG to the Wiser from the boiler?

The Wiser is a 2-channel device as I have 1 channel for heating and one for hot water.

Can some one please help. My friendly electrician ran away

Sponsored Links
To get some help you probably need to post some pictures from the backplate of your current relay. They are not the same as for Wiser, so you would have to rewire it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back