Drayton wiser wiring to Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm currently trying to fit a Drayton Wiser Kit 1 to my Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28.

The current thermostat is wired up as below:

Live & Neutral to the 230v side L & N

20221103_142828.jpg

The Earth & Grey are wired into the 24v RT.

20221103_123950.jpg

Is this right? As other threads I've read use the 230v RT?

How should I wire up the standard backplate for a 1 channel combi?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 20221103_142833.jpg
    20221103_142833.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi.

I'm currently trying to fit a Drayton Wiser Kit 1 to my Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28.

The current thermostat is wired up as below:

Live & Neutral to the 230v side L & N
The Earth & Grey are wired into the 24v RT.
It’s a green and yellow wire which should only be used for earth/cpc, but someone has decided to use that core as a signal wire.
Is this right? As other threads I've read use the 230v RT?

How should I wire up the standard backplate for a 1 channel combi?

Thanks for any help.
Yes it’s fine as this boiler can use mains and low voltage switching, yours is using low voltage, the L and N will power a receiver for a wireless thermostat. You can wire up the Drayton Wiser in a similar manner, but maybe use a different core instead of green and yellow. Also: opening the case on that boiler forms part of the combustion circuit and should be checked for safety afterwards.

It’s a green and yellow wire which should only be used for earth/cpc, but someone has decided to use that core as a signal wire.

Yes it’s fine as this boiler can use mains and low voltage switching, yours is using low voltage, the L and N will power a receiver for a wireless thermostat. You can wire up the Drayton Wiser in a similar manner, but maybe use a different core instead of green and yellow. Also: opening the case on that boiler forms part of the combustion circuit and should be checked for safety afterwards.

So in terms of the backplate. L to L, N to N. How should the yellow / green & grey be wired?

The instructions also suggest I need to link L to 1 aswell?

So in terms of the backplate. L to L, N to N. How should the yellow / green & grey be wired?

The instructions also suggest I need to link L to 1 aswell?
The instructions also state the link is required for 230v mains switching, so do not use a link, unless you want to damage the wiser. The green/yellow and grey would go to Com and On, doesn’t matter which way around.

Sponsored Links
L is not linked to any other termial when using extra low voltage. The thermostat base needs volt free contacts, the Drayton wiser single channal does have volt free, but not the twin and triple channal, the wiser can work with OpenTherm with a add on module, be very careful, in USA 24 volt is called low voltage, anywhere else it's call extra low voltage, 230 volt being classed as low voltage, so better to call it 24 volt and 230 volt so no errors are made.

The instructions also state the link is required for 230v mains switching, so do not use a link, unless you want to damage the wiser. The green/yellow and grey would go to Com and On, doesn’t matter which way around.
Brilliant... thank you. All working perfectly now.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back