Drayton ZA6 zone valve actuator microswitch problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a 11 pin plug in relay rated at 10 amps because that is what I had. If I was to purchase one think I would go with the interface type http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/interface-relay-modules/6237236/ as they are a slim profile, maybe have a look on ebay for a cheaper one, you are only looking for a mains powered coil and a higher Amp switching capacity than the micro switch (must be rated for mains switching also).

MrTherm I don't know why you would use the latching relay on this circuit.

Sponsored Links
mark55uk, it was only a quick general indicator of the type (octal) - the one below is more in line with the type i use for zone valve micro's (and cheaper!) I prefer the octal base type to allow for quick testing (swaps) with van stock and with call backs to commercial customers. Your choice also looks neat ideal for rail mount.

A bit O.T.T for d.i.y'ers but i would use self latchers for burner control box switching (signal to drop latch) and similar.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/non-latching-relays/8245949/

regards

I’m close to having an automatic bypass fitted to my system in the hope that the reduced load on the pump might solve the micro switch problem. What does anyone think?

However, the relay idea seems a good one, but currently beyond my capability. Do you have a wiring scheme that would guide me ?

Martin

Sponsored Links
A better microswitch may be the Burgess XCF3-Z1. It is dimensionally identical, with a slightly greater operating force, but it is rated at 10(3)A, rather than the 6(2)A rating of the XCG3-Z1. The peak switch on current on my boiler exceeds 2A.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back