Dremel

• Thread starter Bodgeit and scarper ltd
  • Start date
B

Bodgeit and scarper ltd

Dremel are they worth having? Is there a better make? I have never used one, is it something worth having or is it a load of rubbish.

Sponsored Links
What do you want it for ?? They are great if you have a purpose for them, do you do modelling or fine work??

Why do I want one? Probably because I haven’t got one. I am always making or repairing things. I couldn’t think of a reason for buying a lathe at the time, but now I would be lost without it. I just like tools that are of good use. Things that turn out to be a gimmick end up on e-bay. I have bench and handheld grinders but nothing for smaller jobs.

Sponsored Links
As I said they are great if you have a purpose for them, they are ideal for getting into small tight areas etc... ;)

I have enough tools to (nearly) start a hire shop, but wouldn't be without a Dremel.

Has so many uses, limited only by your imagination. In the last week alone I've used mine for : cleaning out grout in between tiles, 'adjusting' (!) a door lock strike plate which was sticking, milling reliefs in steam pipe, cleaning & sharpening lawnmower blades, cutting off a broken bolt, engraving my name & postcode on some new tools

Never used any other brand, and only use 'corded' for no other reason as I've never had a cordless :)

Ended up buying the Sealey, very pleased with it. Its already come in handy for repairing my lathe. Now what do I save up for next?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back