Dremel - corded or cordless?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im wanting to buy a Dremel tool, no particular need for one, I just think it would be a useful tool to have. They have released the Dremel 8200 codless model which Im tempted to buy.

Excluding the benefit of not having an annoying cord in the way, is the cordless version just a gimmik, with the corded models being better to use? Would the cordless model soon run out of power?

Sponsored Links
I'd also advise the corded. Cordless are ok but generally heavier to use as you have to hold up not just the machine but the battery as well, might not sound much but it does make a difference.

Sponsored Links
I'm another vote for corded. It's an amazingly useful tool that you'll never realise you needed. In the last week or two I've used it to refurb my bbq, refurb bathroom taps, clean off paint, sand the edges off of timber, sharpen kitchen knives, clean up the frames of my windows and a few other things that I can't remember.

Best place I've found for accessories is Www.tinytools.co.uk go in to 'power tools' and rotacraft accessories and you'll find any bits you need. I use the drill type chuck on mine. The 3 pack wire brushes are amazing at cleaning metal up to a mirror shine.

I disagree, for example I use them for small packs of accessories, such as 3 brass wheel brushes (not the pack with 3 different ones) so I don't get lots of bits I won't use. Dremel direct is £2:15 each, tinytool is £3.66 for 3.

Everything else I use is dremel (the tool, adaptors and the stand)

Also used a few other online tool places but tinytool was the only one that did just the bits I wanted.

most of the other bits are cheaper and good quality brand name

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back