rust on my golf clubs, thinking of gettin a dremel type tool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my golf clubs are a few years old and are not in the best of condition, they are suffering after spending their time living in the dampish corner of the shed, i was wondering whether any of the dremel type multi tools are would be any good to clean up and polish my clubs i thought of these as they have small heads which could get into the small corners

has anybody any experience with these and if so which make and model and whether to go cordless or not

cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i know thats they are the sensible options but another reason for getting one is that its fathers day coming up the wife keeps asking "what do you want?" another is that i havent got 1 and the last reason is i like tools that make my life easy!!!

still havent got 1, couldnt decide which to get so i got nothing, new clubs nice idea but dont think she'll buy that!!

If I were seriously cleaning them up I would perhaps use CIF otl, followed by a coat of car/furniture wax.

unless the rust is shamefully bad, a green nylon kitchen scourer moistened with WD40 will clean it off and leave an anti-rust shine.

I'd be wary of using a dremel type tool on golf clubs. If you make the grooves in the club face wider, you'll affect the club. It may not conform to the strict R&A equipment rules. ;) ;) ;)

shafts are fine on the irons, the cheap wedge ive got the shaft is rusting not the head but the irons is generally the back of the heads around the side of the cavity

wire wool or a wire brush will be a hundred times faster than a dremel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back