Wallrock or lining paper.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have stripped back all the vinyl wall paper from the stairs and landing to reveal a shed load of peeling off paint and poorly filled joints and gouges holes and the usual stuff that bodge it and leggit type home owners would cover up. The walls are some plaster on block and some dot and dab pb walls.

I have got the walls filled and sanded to a failry rreasonalble finish, but no means good enought to paint onto directly as there is cracking off paint still remaining. So I am going to have to lining paper.

Now I asked the question of my neighbour whether he would spend a few hours filling and sanding and scraping to get up to a good enough level to paint, to which he sain No use wallrock.

Then proceeded to give me a load or 1m wide rolls the wallrock power adhesive and all the tools to hang it.

Its a system where you roller on the adhesive, then hang the paper and then he suggeste using a caulking tool to flatten it all out against the wall.

Has anyone use the wall rock product before?

I have never heard of it until now and even google searches are fairly sparce.

It looks good to me, but not sure what the catch is...

Anyone else had any experience with this product?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Sponsored Links
There's a lining paper called red (made buy wall rock) I use this its good paper.
With any rough walls :

Sand
Fill as much as possible
Sand again
Size the wall (solvite wall size)
Line
Any defects still show you can fill on top of the paper preferably after a coat of emulsion.

Hope this helps

It looks good to me, but not sure what the catch is...
It's expensive !

But since you've got some, use it.
It will hide more than lining paper alone.
You can also apply another layer of lining paper over the top of it. (from same manufacturer "fibreline"). I would recommend the additional layer on top, applied perpendicular to wall rock paper.
Easy to hang, just apply power adhesive to wall then offer up paper. Instructions should be with the product. Have you got them?
Ensure the wall is sound with no flaking material.
Gives a slightly "spongy" feel to the wall when applied.
Marketing blog includes "energy saving" "combats mould and damp" "covers damaged plaster" along with other benefits.
Can't comment on energy saving/mould but it does a good job at hiding less than perfect plaster, although looking at the product it will give some insulation so should help to combat condensation problems.

In summary, I would use it lots of places if it wasn't for the price. B+Q stock it, I think the prices were £50 a roll and £30 for adhesive, or there abouts. Outside walls are given the priority with this product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back