Drilling into Block and Beam floor....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

As some of you will be sick of hearing (waits for the groans) we have a Block and Beam floor at ground level in our house. Recently I have removed most of the floating chipboard crap that was laying on top of this, and have this week removed a section of stud wall (non load bearing). The sole plate was nailed to the block and beam, but appears to have been nailed into the areas between the blocks....this could be coincidence as the wall itself is only about 1.5m long and there was only a couple of nails holding it down.

I have some long frame fixing screws and plugs, which I intend to use to fasted the new sole plates for the new studwork (different positions), and in a moment of paranoia I'm thinking whether there was a reason why they've nailed the original sole plate down between the blocks?

I'm assuming it's not a great idea to drill into the beams (although as ever stand to be corrected), but am I okay to drill carefully into the blocks? Am I right to be cautious or generally just overly paranoid? lol :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back