Drilling into Tight Corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am trying to drill into the corner of my window frame (inside Mounting)to install my brackets for a wooden blind. The problem i am having is that i cannot get it flush with the top of the window frame. The drill gets in the way and there is a gap of 1.5cm from the top. I could drill at an angle but want to avoid that.

Any ideas on how i can get it flush.

Hope what i have said makes sense

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
You could try one of these

Thanks for the quick reply Eddie.

Just a couple of questions

How does one of these work. Can you use an size drill on it?

It looks a bit flimsy, how can you apply force?

Have you or anybody used this attachment before

Hmm, sorry, I think I misread your post, the item in question i think is more often used to tighten screws up in awkward places, I don't know if you can use this drill holes, I've never tried. Perhaps instead, you could try a longer drill bit, would this allow you to get the drill out of the way?

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
Hmm, sorry, I think I misread your post, the item in question i think is more often used to tighten screws up in awkward places, I don't know if you can use this drill holes, I've never tried. Perhaps instead, you could try a longer drill bit, would this allow you to get the drill out of the way?

A longer drill wont work im afraid. the drill is still in the way. Thanks for your help though

Instead of fixing the brackets onto the frame, can you not fix it under the ceiling lintel by the frame?

I trimmed the handle off a hand drill. Luckily just mild steel. I used this to install a whitmor shelf in a corner. I Put a piece of card on the adjacent wall to stop gearing marking wall. See pic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back