drilling noise when hot water is turned on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the dhw is turn on theres a really loud dilling noise coming from the pipes. Its only on the kitchen mixer tap when turn to hot water. When the tap is opening to half opened on hot its ok but when the tap is fully opened the water theres not much water coming out and a constant hammer drill noise coming from the pipes. The cold side on the mixer tap is fine and the the hot bathroom tap is opened its also fine too. Could it be a washer in the tap. Its a single lever mixer tap i have in the kitchen. Also i have a combi boiler if thats any help.

Sponsored Links
It could be a faulty mixer valve on the tap, so cartridge and any washer worth checking out. Also the pipework support or lack of it? Can contribute to this.

Pipes are secure. Its only when you turn the lever to hot side its banging constantly like a hammer drill. If i open it half way theres no banging but when the tap is opened fully the water slows right down and the drilling sound starts and stays like it untill the tap is closed or half closed. Where can i buy a cartridge from. Is it matter of undoing the big brass nut and replacing the cartridge. Do i get new seals/washer with the cartridge?

Sponsored Links
All.sorted now.was the mixer tap faulty swapped it for a new one and all good now. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back