Water hammer issue...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an issue with water hammer noise and related dripping tap at my mum's house. When the water is turned on (taps opened) there is water hammer noise in the kitchen water pipe and if the water tap in the bathroom is opened it causes the kitchen tap to drip despite not being open. I have worked out if I turn off the hot water tap stop valve for the kitchen sink under the sink it stops the water hammer noise/at dripping - however that means no water at the kitchen sink.
I turn off the hot water in the kitchen under the sink, where the pipe connects to the flexi-hose that goes to the tap in order the water hammer noise, would disconnecting the flexi-hose and possibly replacing it with a new one fix the issue or do I need to look at other things/solutions? I have tried not opening that valve fully, only half open but that made no difference.
By the way, the kitchen tap is a mixer one with two levers one for hot and the other for cold if that makes any difference. They are quarter turn valves.
Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Replace the 1/4 turn tap cartridge, removing the flexi hose is a pointless excercise.

Sponsored Links
Changing/repairing the cartridge worked, I purchased a new one but the new one was longer than the existing one, so changing the washer at the bottom from the new one to the old worked.
Thanks again for your help :)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back