Drilling through breezeblock: no drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Telephone cable passes through a drilled hole in the breezeblock wall between two rooms in my 70s bungalow.
The telephone cable emerges through a plastic disc with a hole in it, to give a neat appearance, rather than emerging through the wallpaper.

* I want to remove the phone cable and make a bigger hole to take a coaxial TV cable. But I don't have an electric (or manual) drill. The breeseblocks must be 2 to 3 ins thick, say. Can I make a neat and effective job using just my existing tools -- nail punch, bradawl, assorted screwdrivers etc.

* Trunking/neat finish options for the above, please.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
can if youre carful and attack it from both sides, but as eddie says you can buy a drill for under £20.00

your gonna ruin £20 worth of tools doing it your way and you may also loosen the plaster on the wall, either buy one, you will be surprised how often you will use it or you must know someone with a drill.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you are all right. Time to buy a drill.
I have seen some £15 ones in Wickes which will be OK for basic DIY tasks.

Mike

Yes,once you've actually bought one,you will probably never use a screwdriver again,either (and wish you'd got one years ago..)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back