Drilling through walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to drill through my wall to move my sky+. I got my sds and bits etc. but the last 2 times i drilled through my walls for different things a big piece of brick came off looks a mess. I drilled inside to out is it worth drilling inwards

Sponsored Links
The problem with drilling from out to in, is that you may not get to where you want to be & the chances are that plaster will come off.

A good tape measure should sort out the positioning using windows etc as reference points. It is far easier IMHO to repair a bit of plaster than try to stick a bit of brick back on :LOL: Also when going in from outside you can select to start the hole in a muck joint to eliminate damage to brickwork altogether.

If I have to put a hole through a clients wall I always give them the choice and almost invariably they ask me to drill from the outside in.

Sponsored Links
Drilling outside to in is usually better.

However it sometimes can be impractical as diyisfun has already said.

Piloting the hole with a much smaller diameter bit helps.

Also, with some measuring, you could mark the drill bit so that you know when its about to punch out of the wall and switch to rotary only mode.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back