Drink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Media brainwashed, drugged up by alcohol if not worse ..... What a way to treat the youth of the country. Is this the unacceptable face of revenue chasing? LINK
SOME, dare wonder about disaffection.

CRIME BILLS
Average cost of a murder: £1.4 million

Average cost of sexual offence: £31,438

Average cost of house burglary: £3,268

Crime costs to health services: £2.35 billion

Crime costs to Criminal Justice System: £7 billion

63,600 fixed-penalty notices issued last year. Only half paid without need for court action
Three quarters of people think sentences are too lenient
35 per cent think system is effective in reducing crime
48 per cent of people think that the police are doing an excellent or good job
:eek: :mad:

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
CRIME BILLS
Average cost of a murder: £1.4 million

Average cost of sexual offence: £31,438

Average cost of house burglary: £3,268

Crime costs to health services: £2.35 billion

Crime costs to Criminal Justice System: £7 billion
Legal Eagles Wages: Priceless ;)

63,600 fixed-penalty notices issued last year. Only half paid without need for court action

Funny thing about this is that it would probably be cheaper to forget about the ones that go unpaid than to pay someone to do all the paperwork and go to court!

So, thats about £10Bn in all, and that's just the tangible costs of crime. What about reduced productivity in crime victims?

For instance, when I was 14 I was mugged (and the rest) at knifepoint at a railway station and I couldn't set foot on a train for about 3 years afterwards. So, I can imagine that adults who are the victims of such crimes would feel similarly shaky for a considerable amount of time too. Absence from work goes up, time spent at work is less productive as they go over the events in their head, emotions run riot as they day-dream about revenge, mood-swings. All pretty typical stuff.

I would imagine that with some of the more horific crimes the victims might never fully recover.

And it's not just the victim of the actual crime who suffers, what about family, friends, colleagues? My incident affected my whole family in one way or another.

Wouldn't surprise me if the intangible cost of crime was far more than the £10Bn in tangible costs. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back