Drinking water tap stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a line going from my mains water, through a cartridge filter and to a small tap on the sink. The tap seemed like it just stopped working, they never put an isolation valve in the line either so that you can turn the line off without needing to turn the mains off, need to find out if the filter is the issue or the tap

Sponsored Links
1) Mains off
2) Fit an isolator
3) Close Isolator
4) Mains on
5) Remove feed from cartridge/open isolator/if water comes out then refit supply to cartridge.
6) Close isolator/remove tube from tap end of filter/open isolator/if water comes out then filter/cartridge is OK and tap needs attention. If no water then filter/cartridge is blocked and needs replacing.

You can do test without isolator - just much easier!

Thanks for that, the valve on the tap does seem to work a bit, if I lift the valve lever a small bit I do get water coming out, if I open a lot then the tap vibrates a lot and makes quite aloud noise, maybe through starvation, will change filter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back