dripping flow pipe?

pressure will rise when heating is on as wata expands when heated. how much it rises depends on the systems water volume and expansion vesell size, pressure.

rising to 2 bar from 1.2 is normal for average sized system/ set up.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks bigsnoopy. Though its slightly going past the 2 bar now, is this still ok?

I have to leave the left valve open for now until I can get a cap. This thing is dripping quite a bit. I need to put a bucket underneath. The lever is closed tight so is this normal? If I put the cap on it won't the drippy water build up and be a concern?

Attachments

• WP_20170101_20_28_06_Rich (2).jpg
    WP_20170101_20_28_06_Rich (2).jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 75
If NRV and/or isolator is letting by then you'll need to change the whole thing!

But you CAN leave the existing nuts on the copper pipe.

ah that's what I was afraid of. Will have to locate the stopcock as I assume water will pour out replacing the valves :( do you think the drip I mentioned is a faulty valve? The one on the left.

Also thanks for the advice on bleeding the rads. I'm only in a flat but makes sense to do this after heating. Though all dads seem hot at the top so not sure if the bleeding is necessary? What do you think?

Sponsored Links
It's a faulty valve.
Capping it will solve the issue.
Topping up the system will just be a bit more involved as you'll have to remove the caps; catch a little water; fit the flexi; open the valves and then do the reverse - but, as I said, this should only need doing very rarely and, by rights, flexi should be removed when not in use (regs).

Bleed rads again anyway - doesn't hurt and gets rid of all air.

ok cheers. So rather than replacing it the cap should be ok? its back to 1.2/3 bar now so all seems good :)

why dont you call out a heating engineer???.You obviously have not the first clue of what you are doing.

I was thinking of calling my plumber if the pressure kept dropping, though it seems stable (for now) so will do if it drops in the next week. I did notice a bit of slight wetness on the nut of the rad I put on so tightened it up. My main concern is capping that leaky mains valve and cleaning out the oxidization in the NRV valve and flow pipe. Is it possibly to clean this out with vinegar baking soda solution?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back