Dripping from lever on filling Loop valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The valve on the Flow side of the CH filling loop is dripping from the plastic lever. It's an Ariston boiler and this is how it was installed many years ago. The cold supply end of the chrome filling loop connects to a non return brass lever valve and it's OK.

I can't find a similar brass valve in Screwfix so can I replace it with a straight through 15mm chrome Isolation valve with lever, the type you normally put inline using olives on 15mm copper, or would the threads be different (BSP ?) and not make a seal.

Any suggestions what I can use to replace it.

thanks
IMG_20171117_164809.jpg

Sponsored Links
A 15mm iso valve should easily replace this unit. The feed side looks to be compression, and your filling loop will be 1/2" bsp.

A 15mm iso valve should easily replace this unit. The feed side looks to be compression, and your filling loop will be 1/2" bsp.

So will I need an isolating valve with 2 different threads or an adapter for one side ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Ah right, should be a straight swap then :)
many thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back