Dripping Kitchen tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dripping Kitchen tap, I was able to shut off the mains water to replace the cold tap but
there is no isolating valve to the hot tap.
I live in a concrete floored bungalow and the pipe goes under the floor in the kitchen but I cannot see where it goes to,
I would have thought to the cylinder in the bathroom although I cannot see the pipe.
What would you do now in order to change the hot tap?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• new tap.jpg
    new tap.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 29
  • kitchen tap.jpg
    kitchen tap.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 29
Sponsored Links
If you have a hot water cylinder that is fed from a loft tank ,closing off the supply to the cylinder from loft tank will allow you to drain hot taps.

Thank-you.
So draining down the hot water is the way to go.
I had a look in the loft and there is a pipe coming from the bottom of the water tank in the loft to the bottom of the cylinder, see picture.
The red valve is completely stuck so would I need to prop up the ball valve in the tank to stop more water coming in and use all of the water in the tank and then change the tap?

Attachments

• cylinder.jpg
    cylinder.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 31
You could ,but the entire contents of the hot water in the cylinder would be lost ,and replaced with the cold water from the loft tank.
You could fit a bung to the loft tanks outlet ,that will save all the water loss.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, great idea. I did not know they existed. Watched a couple if videos in the type to get.
You would think plumbers bungs would not be hard to find on either ebay, screwfix, b&q or toolstation but none of them have the continuous type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back