Groaning sound from kitchen tap in block of flats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks,

I live in a block of flats and I've had my kitchen tap dripping for some time. Recently it tap or the pipe seems to groan at various situations:
  • I use the hot system of the kitchen tap without turning on the cold system
  • I use other taps in the flat and the cold system of the kitchen tap isn't on
  • The groan can also happen suddenly, and the solution has been to have the cold system slightly on
I have a monobloc tap, and it was only replaced maybe 5 years ago. Is it just about replacing the tap? Or should I get a plumber in to check it out? When it groans, I can feel the kitchen floor vibrate. If I have the cold system on, there is no other noise. The tap just drips, tried taking out the catridge, but not managed to get it out to see what is going on.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The cartridge or the whole tap will need replacing

The cartridge or the whole tap will need replacing
Cheers, replaced the tap. First time doing it, to anyone searching for the same problem in the future. Not as difficult as you would think, and I don't have to fear the water hammer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back