Hideous noise when running water..

Because yesterday evening one of our radiators decided to burst open (corrosion). The inlet valve turned out to be completely immovable, causing a period of running around like a headless chicken, turning things off, throwing down towels, running taps and generally panicking, whilst shouting "Don't panic". Followed by fifteen hours without a water supply.
Don't worry about it. I'm a spark and quite happy connecting up wires, but pipes? Oh, no...... I've dabbled 3 times in my life with simple jobs: fitting a screw on 15mm valve for a dishwasher in 1991 - the sort you can fit without turning the water off. Yeah, right....
Removing old shower pipework in 2013... and swapping a cistern valve this year.... all resulted in varying degrees of water ending up where it shouldn't!

I'm not going to bother attempting any more plumbing jobs!!

Re your radiators, I had a quote for one medium sized rad replacement for £180.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that securespark,

I thought the quote sounded ok, but I've only had the one quote - local plumbers must be pretty busy. I think I'll just go with it. It's a firm I've used before and I'm confident about their professionalism, so no point scrabbling about trying to save £100.

Yes, each to his own. Sparks for electrics, plumbers or heating engineers for water/gas. That's what all the training and experience is for.

Re your bank. Natwest? Banks don't want customers to use branches any more. The good news is you can pay in/draw out at post offices these days. Online banking is the financial equivalent of doing your own plumbing..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back