Any good problem solvers out there?

Pipe layout
From top of cylinder using a S flange then the pipe work makes an anti gravity loop and up to the pump

After the pump the pipe work goes up into attic and straight back down into airing cupboard.

At the highest point is a automatic air vent

Sponsored Links
This is showing running a bath, today it's a bad day, some days it works fine.

First I run the hot and it makes the noise.

Second I run the pumped cold and it stops the noise

Third I turn off the cold and the hot runs fine ?

Oh when I bought it 10 years ago I was told it could be fitted above the cylinder? And it worked for 10 years, so when it started making the noise I changed it for the same model but it never cured the noise?
So you are saying a negative Salamander RP100 TU will cure the problem?

It impossible to move the pump due to the size of the airing cupboard and it would have to be in a bedroom if I did, so if that's the case it looks like a new pump?

Sponsored Links
The pipework does not look right, can you do a better video ,pics or a drawing ?

Which part does not look right? It comes out of s flange at a right angle then goes down 500mm on an anti gravity loop and back up to pump hot water?
It was installed by a plumber 10 years ago

Pulsing of a pump is usually down to 2 specific reasons, air being drawn in or already within the pipework or a restriction/blockage in the pipework somewhere.

Have you checked the pump filters? Is the auto air vent working properly? Is the feed sufficient?

As suggested before you need someone to work through the system methodically, starting at the cylinder and looking at every aspect and component in the circuit. If it worked fine before then something in the system must have changed, only way to find that is to work though it all and rule each item out.

Which part does not look right? It comes out of s flange at a right angle then goes down 500mm on an anti gravity loop and back up to pump hot water?
It was installed by a plumber 10 years ago

Just give us a schematic of the layout with dimensions - we need as much info as poss without being there!

You’ll need to try some Plumbing alterations- not just running it through with water.
Remove the AAV and see what that does.

Hi the automatic air vent i have just changed, ive tried it fully screwed down too.

The hot water side is:

Out of S flange at a right angle, then a smooth curve anti gravity loop and into the pump which is 1000mm above the cylinder top

thanks

It does it on all taps in the house, it started first if you ran a bath and then tried to run kitchen tap too at the same time

I give up ... you need to strip it back to the start, shut off valves on pipework just after the pump, run it clear into a bucket without anything else on it and then work forward. If it does it from just a pipe and valves after the pump then it's upstream, either the feed(s)/supply or the pump itself.

If not then you know it's something downstream. This is about fault finding and ruling out upstream as quickly/easily as possible so you know where to concentrate on, you don't know that yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back