Shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted thermostatic shower, hot water is gravity fed via salamander pump and cold water from mains, can’t seem to get hot water through.
Any ideas where I’ve gone wrong

Sponsored Links
That’s what I thought might be the problem, that’s why I fitted the shower pump to the hot, but it’s only 1.5 bar pump, maybe I should have gone for 2 bar to try and even it up

On Bar thermostatic showers, you can usually muck around with the heat knob, by undoing and moving the cam round, so it’s hotter on a lower setting... thought I’d suggest, you never know, could help.

Sponsored Links
I’m open to any ideas or suggestions, I’m new to this so any comment/idea is appreciated

Purchased from Victoria plumbing, I believe it’s a Cruze modern LED wasn’t the most expensive £150,

something like this, yours may be similar, maybe not.

Your mains cold is the problem. If hot is gravity fed,then the cold should be too. Does the pump actually run ??
Isolate the cold supply and see if hot water comes through the shower.

Hi
Would like to say thank you to all who responded through this thread, it’s much appreciated, going to try the pressure valve tomorrow, will keep you updated. Thank you

The cold water should be gravity fed as well but a balancing valve would work. Also does the hot water come through if the cold water is isolated to the shower pump?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back