Any good problem solvers out there?

Maybe one of your mixer valve taps is passing causing the flow switch to act up. Just a guess have no idea. I would call salamander. Im sure they’ll know :D

Sponsored Links
I did phone Salamander and played them the noise down the phone, the bloke said he has worked for them for 12 years and hes never heard anything like it !

Ive ordered a new pump an universal head one a Salamander RP100TU, I will have to sell the other pump on eBay!

Sponsored Links
I think I've sorted it!

I bought a new pump £400 a negative head one.

Fitted it and it was just the same!

So I followed the pipe work from the pump and it goes through the ceiling into the attic and there was a NRV. So I removed that and it works!

So £400 wasted on a new pump....damn

If not then you know it's something downstream. This is about fault finding and ruling out upstream/downstream as quickly/easily as possible so you know where to concentrate on, you don't know that yet.

Could have saved you a lot of time, grief & money ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back