Dripping Megaflo Cold Water Combination Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening,

We have a dripping Megaflo Cold Water Combination Valve (Part No: 95 605 021, Outlet Pressure Pre-Set 3 Bar).

Please could someone advise on how this is fixed?
a) can we fix it ourselves, if so how.
b) do we need a professional and if so, any idea how much that might cost?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Two "O"rings in the valve cover, a large thin one at the base and a smaller thicker one at the other end,
you should get someone in qualified to repair it,

Quickest and easiest way to fix.
turn off the little tap on it open hot tap undo the nut where its dripping .
Put some one ptfe on the threads and tighten back in takes 2 mins.

As its on the cold going in cant see why it would need someone with unvented

Sponsored Links
Namsag, It dripping from the valve cover, secured by 4 cap head screws,
and sealed by 2 "O" rings,

Bucks the drip is right below the plastic nut on valve this unscrews by itself and insides come out no need to touch the 4 screws

I had the same dripping issue with the Cold Water Combination Valve (part 95 605 021) on my 2-year old system and had resigned myself to a costly repair...until I read the thread on the link above. The fix was so simple:

1. Turn the valve off above the leaking part (this is the mains inlet).
2. Turn on a hot water tap in your house - this releases the pressure. Only a little water will come out before it stops.
3. Unscrew the centre section of the valve (you'll need a big spanner/mole wrench). It comes out very easily.
4. Wash it under a tap (cold obviously as you've turned the hot off!).
5. Replace carefully. I tightened mine up a bit more than it had been previously.
6. Open the valve you shut in Step 1 and turn off the hot water tap.

Job done. Literally took 3 minutes. This may not work for all dripping faults to this part but it did the trick for mine.

Thanks to Patersonn and Bodger et al for the diy advice. I followed your advice and the user manual paragraph quoted and fixed the drip. I was surprised how much dirt washed out of the filter. I used an old toothbrush head in my electric toothbrush to gently dislodge the more stubborn bits from inside the filter. Memo to self: do this regularly to avoid the drip recurring! Thanks again.

Thank you for the great thread here. Was worried about a leak from the cold water combination valve. The thread gave me the confidenceto give it a try...and it works..
Great help.

Hello,

I had the same issue with "Heatrae Sadia 3 Bar Cartridge Cold Water Combination Valve 95605021 95605029 Old Style" like on the photo above. It was leaking and caused ceiling water damage like someone explained. That was real issue with a lot of dripping water which happened periodically.
I was following the instruction and it was easy. The only question is tight it properly. And no any leak now.

After thinking a little bit I thought that the water leak caused not the valve and the strainer. I think that the reason is that the cartridge turns off/loosen over the time due to its construction, vibration, etc. Tighten the cartridge can solve the issue. But to clean it also good idea and it is simple.

D.

Any DIY'er that has an unvented hot water cylinder. These items need to be serviced yearly, just as your boiler should be. They can be dangerous if the safety features on them fail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back