Megaflo Cold Water Combination Valve drip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new to the forum and in need of some advice please!

I have a two year old Megaflo hot water heater and I have noticed a drip from the Cold Water Combination Valve :eek:

Few questions:

1. Is there a simple fix for this?

2. If it needs a replacement valve can I just do this myself? (I'm assuming this would mean I isolate water supply, drain hot water tank, remove and replace with new valve?)

3. If I can do this myself, where is the best place to get the part?

Many thanks :)

Please see pics below for the valve I am talking about:-

megaflow1.jpg

megaflow2.jpg

megaflow3.jpg

megaflow4.jpg

- Glyn

Sponsored Links
Strange I went to exactly the same fault 2 nights ago.

I've got the valve cartridge on order. Quite expensive though :cry:

its a common problem even with the old ones. You should really get a G3 qualified engineer to replace it. I'm afraid thats the only advice I can give.

Sponsored Links
An update, I ordered the part online, it was easy to replace myself.

Just drained the cylinder, allen key to remove the valve screws and put on replacement.

It was fixed for about 6 months and then the replacement started leaking too (another hole developed). I requested another replacement which was provided free of charge under warranty. It's been 6 month's now so fingers crossed this one lasts a bit longer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back