dripping overflow from expansion tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help. i have warm air central heating and have a dripping overflow from expansion tank. Have replaced with new arm,ball washers so any idea what else it could be??? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Do you have a seaprate little gas doobrie on the side of the WA unit for heating water? Or an electrically heated cylinder..?

Is the water level adusted properly? Surface tension will keep the thing dripping if the level is set too high.

joe

joe-90 said:
Is the water level adusted properly? Surface tension will keep the thing dripping if the level is set too high.
Surface tension? Crazy man say what?

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
joe-90 said:

Do you know what surface tension is?

joe-90 said:
There you go then...
I know lots of things, the existence of most of which you're not even aware, but nothing within my sphere of experience or knowledge explains why you've associated surface tension with this topic, hence my assertion that you're crazy. You crazy bloke. Tch.

Softus said:
joe-90 said:
There you go then...
I know lots of things, the existence of most of which you're not even aware, but nothing within my sphere of experience or knowledge explains why you've associated surface tension with this topic, hence my assertion that you're crazy. You crazy bloke. Tch.

Surface tension is a property of water. It always has been since the world was young. Now stop being a prat and try and help the guy out huh? Or is it that you are simply looking for trouble? (as per usual).

joe

Softus said:
joe-90 said:
:LOL: Meniscus...or Mencap :?:

ChrisR has the problem in hand, and nothing more can be offered until the OP replies. However, your offering is not only wrong, but bizarrely so, and I'm helping "the guy" by making that clear to him/her.

Regarding the alleged search for trouble, wherever your posts appear no looking is necessary.

BTW, surface tension is a property of all fluids, albeit to differing degrees, not just water.

Softus said:
ChrisR has the problem in hand, and nothing more can be offered until the OP replies. However, your offering is not only wrong, but bizarrely so, and I'm helping "the guy" by making that clear to him/her.

Regarding the alleged search for trouble, wherever your posts appear no looking is necessary.

BTW, surface tension is a property of all fluids, albeit to differing degrees, not just water.

If the ballcock is set too high you will get hydraulic see-sawing which often fools the poster because it overflows for a while - and then stops, then overflows - and then stops.
If you knew anything about anything you would realise that. After all, as you say, all fluids have differing surface tension - so that MUST include water eh?

joe

joe-90 said:
If the ballcock is set too high you will get hydraulic see-sawing which often fools the poster because it overflows for a while - and then stops, then overflows - and then stops.
This is something I haven't heard of. Is the see-saw bright blue with horsey heads on?

joe-90 said:
If you knew anything about anything you would realise that.
Something of a fatuous remark, since you know perfectly well that I know some things about some things.

joe-90 said:
After all, as you say, all fluids have differing surface tension - so that MUST include water eh?
I quoted you a figure for the force of surface tension of water, in air, at 20°C, so it seems odd for you to suggest that I'm excluding water from the set of known fluids. Unless...can it be?! Is it that you actually know very little about the subject? Shirley not?! :eek:

Softus said:
joe-90 said:
This is something I haven't heard of. Is the see-saw bright blue with horsey heads on?

See-saw, flip-flop, stop-start, call it what you will.

BTW are you saying that having the water level set too high will not cause the tank to overflow?

Oh it would??

Well then, 'shadappa you face'.

joe

joe-90 said:
See-saw, flip-flop, stop-start, call it what you will.
Well then, I shall call it, um.... Malcolm :idea:

joe-90 said:
BTW are you saying that having the water level set too high will not cause the tank to overflow?

Oh it would??
Of course it would, but the cause of the overflow is the level of the water, not the surface tension forces at the surface of the water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back