Dripping stop cock !! -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently discovered I have seeping water from my stop cock, seems to be leaking from where the shaft from the handle goes into the body of the stop cock, have tightened up the retaining nut and this is a little better, is there anything else I can do ?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Turn the tap off, undo the nut & pack a bit of PTFE tape in there & tighten it back up.

Thanks for that, I didn't realise that I could actually undo the handle part without turning off the water at the mains outside the house - will give that a go.

In my mothers house she also has a strange stop cock inasmuch that to turn it on and off (from fully off to fully on) it only takes about half a turn, the handle then continues to turn to open but for no good reason. Is this a sign of a worn stop cock - is it still safe to use ?? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back