Dripping Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a relatively new kitchen installed by Magnet, The taps which are a Norrie mixer set are now dripping contnuously on the cold water side. As my name suggests I'm not a plumber but I'd be happy to take them apart if I could find a good set of instructions. I suspect that there will be a method for either reseating or replacing the tap washer which I believe is the most likely problem.

Has anyone any information. Urgent as my wife's nagging about this is worse than the drip itself.

Sponsored Links
Are they ceramic or standard? How much do you need to turn them to switch them on?

They're standard chrome finish taps. A round knob on each side of a swan neck outlet. They dont take a lot of turns to operate but you cannot seem to close the cold side tightly enough to stop the drip.

If ceramic taps then usually 1/4 turn is all that is required to turn full on and full off.How many turns exactly?

Sponsored Links
Go and get a new tap reviver head kit from your local plumbers merchant and change them over. If under 1 year old then contact your kitchen fitter.

Please note there should be isolation valves under your sink to turn off the water.

Happy plumbing.

Andy

Thanks for the info so far. I now know a lot more about the taps and what to do about it. I just have one remaining problem. I can't figure how to take the damn thing apart. There is a small solid bar that sticks out from the body of the knob. This unscrews but does not realease the the mechanism.

the very top of the bit the bar sticks out of ( body of the knob :confused: )may simply unscrew with a fine, almost invisible line where the 2 pieces join :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back