Drive Drainage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have 2 runs of council pavers (the heavy **** ) sitting on a type 1 base with gravel infill, providing a driveway to my Garage. The Garage sits on a large slab, and just in front of that slab is an additional slab that the Garage manufacturers made us add before construction.

This was all done 20+ years ago, overtime the right hand side run of pavers ( as you face the garage) has dropped and become uneven, the left side is still spot on. The Garden naturally runs down towards the Garage slab.

I was planning on relaying the slabs on the right hand side on a new concrete bed to level it all up, but now i have cleared the gravel it looks like water is undermining the slab so I am now thinking perhaps i should put in a channel drain at the front of the slab. Its not clear from the pictures but there is space to the side for a soak-away

Is that a good idea ?

Also i am not 100% sure at what height to put the drain, if i put it level with the slab and the re-laid pavers, it would be too high to drain the water that lands in the middle and the sides of the pavers. So I guess it need to be level with the type 1 and once i cut the slabs to accommodate it I will have a gap to drive over.

Any ideas , suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Ignore the swirly white lines.. i was killing ants !
IMG_20210729_162541.jpg
IMG_20210729_162548.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back