driveway threshold?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the council have recently re-tarmac'd our pavements and replaced all of the kerb stones..
they've edged all of the grassy areas with edging slabs, but my driveway never had any kind of edging to it.
so they just sort of ran the tarmac up to the gravel on my drive..
as you can imagine this means that the gravel doesn't stay on my drive very well so I want to put some edging slabs across the drive sticking up abour half an inch..

I can dig out my side and "square off" their tarmac and put the slabs tight up against it.
I have a couple of bags of "postcrete" left over from re-fixing some fence posts, will this be ok to hold the slabs in place?

dig out a 4 inch wide trench, put a couple of inches in the bottom to bring the slabs level, then backfill behind the slabs with the remainder?
water the stuff and it sets..

Sponsored Links
Sounds ok.
Public footpaths should be delineated with a demarcation edging. This edging usually occurs 1.8m in fro the road kerb.

If you intend installing the demarcation edging on your side of the boundary then you will have no recompense.

Don't be surprised if the council consider this their property and adopt the edging. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back